Thursday, August 15, 2013

8 months into teaching

8 months into teaching,
I could finally breath a little,
Find time to pamper myself a little,
Connect back to what I used to love,
But still so far from achieving my teaching goal.

I could see the improvement in attitude,
the eager to perform in class,
the love the students shower over me,
wanting to proof themselves to me,
but its still a long road from closing their achievement gap.

I want to see myself doing so much more,
I still learn everyday,
But even angels might get tired sometimes,
And it's so very important for you to pick yourself up,
Because fooling around 100 people's life is ain't cool job.

Classroom,changes,consistency,
How I wish it all describes who Cheryl Chin is,
But she's far from consistently making changes in the classroom.

She knows she don't have any single minute to fool around,
And she got to step up her game much more,
But always in search for a springboard that would help her jump the huge leap,
Knowing well waiting for a springboard is just a lame excuse to stop dreaming and starting making a difference.

I am not the best fellow you can find,
And would probably not be the worst teacher you will meet,
But I am not going to stay in this status any longer,
Because after this Syawal break,
This hot blooded 22 year old girl,
Is going to march her way the last march before the academic year ends,
And ALL HER STUDENTS WILL PASS THEIR EXAMS by the end of the year.

Sounds like nothing big deal to you?
Yeah, it's nothing much statistically,
But don't judge the book by its cover,
Because I'm talking about students that has 4 or 8 years worth of study to do,
To be able to qualify a PASS as what the nation has set as what they should be performing.

They are not stupid,
They are not slow,
They may be lazy,
But its because they never understood.

Never understood why education is important.
Never understood why they must study.
Never understood the value of responsibility.
Never had an expectation for themselves in class.
Never expected a chance to dream.
Never been told they could succeed.

I don't care whether they ever know or never understood whatever I have listed up there, but I am making a vow here that I am going to nail this to every single one of my student to make them believe that they can!



No comments:

Post a Comment